This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Show displayname and email address when searching for users

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Hi,

How can I configure the plugin to show users displayName, email address and job title in search results when performing a user search.

Ideally I'd like the same behaviour to the OOB people picker which looks up AD, also UPS picker...

Regards

Aj
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Looks like you have to do a couple things. I think title is shown by default but if you're searching by title:
  1. Add a new mapping on the claim mapping page. Chose 'Query user input on this LDAP attribute but create permissions with specified claim type'
  2. In the Gobal configuration, select always use a specific LDAP attribute for the display text. In your case, probably displayName.
  3. Next select 'If the input is resolved on an attribute linked to the identity attribute, add it in the display text of the permission.'
So if you have a user named 'John Doe' with a title of 'king of world' you should be able to type 'king' in people picker it should show John Doe (King of World) in the results. Its not at the bottom but it's there.

If you just want something different to show up at the bottom I think you have to remove the existing claim mapping with a claim type of 'Used as metadata for the permission created' and add whichever attribute you want.

Hope that helps.
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Hello,
To display something in the 2nd line (like "The boss" in the screenshot of the homepage): in claim mapping page, add a property of type "Does not query user input on this LDAP attribute, but use it as a metadata of the new permission" and set property "Title" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/microsoft.sharepoint.webcontrols.peopleeditorentitydatakeys.jobtitle.aspx) with proper LDAP attribute.
SharePoint exclusively uses the title property in the 2nd line.
cheers,
Yvan
Feb 14, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Hi Yvan

I still cannot get this to work....
  1. Does not query user input on this LDAP attribute, but use it as a metadata of the new permission
  2. title
  3. organizationalPerson
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
hello,
I assume organizationalPerson is the "LDAP Object class" value, can you try to replace it with "user"?
cheers,
Yvan