How to resolve display name but save identity claim

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Hello. I'm looking to use the people picker to search for users by display name. However, when I click the user I want I'd like for the identity claim to be chosen. E.g. I type 'John' and find 'John Doe.' I click 'John Doe' but 'john.doe@demo.com' get saved. Is this available without code?
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Hi lsconyer

The save identity claim should be display name, the display name should appear if the user has a user profile within SharePoint. This worked for me...

Thanks
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Not quite. These guys are two steps ahead of me. It's already built into the claim mapping page. displayName by default is 'linked to identity claim.' I just needed to modify the global configuration (Always use a specific LDAP attribute for the display text of the permission) to always show displayName. Freakin' brilliant!

Taking is one step further, back on the claim mapping page you can link other attributes to the identity claim. For example, you can link email (mail) to the identity claim when adding a new item.
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Excellent, we used that also I may have misunderstood your query. I thought you meant after you select the user from the results. My issue is probably similar to yours https://ldapcp.codeplex.com/discussions/479290

I'd like to know how I can show different attributes on the results as well as the displayName. For example, search for your user John, display results show displayName, then second line with job title or email.

Thanks
Ah