This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

mistake in uninstalling the ldapcp

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I did exactly what was instructed not to do. Could you please tell me how to reinstall the solution? Right now error i am getting is exception setting "ClaimProviderName": "Could not load file or assembly ldapcp version =1.0.0.0 , culture = neutral , publickkeytoekn=80be731bc1a1a740' or one of its dependencies. The system cant find the file specified."
Apr 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Also while running Remove-SPClaimProvider LDAPCP i get the same error.
Apr 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Strange issue: It deploys in one of the WFE but gives error in other one.
Apr 9, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I clean uninstalled everything. Even threre is no LDAPCP in claims provider list. But when i go in and install wsp and try to run $trust.ClaimProviderName = "LDAPCP

it throws error "Could not load file or assembly ldapcp version =1.0.0.0 , culture = neutral , publickkeytoekn=80be731bc1a1a740' or one of its dependencies. The system cant find the file specified."
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2014 at 7:33 AM
hello,

please check https://ldapcp.codeplex.com/discussions/532927 to validate that LDAPCP was properly uninstalled.
After LDAPCP is uninstalled, it is expected that $trust.ClaimProviderName = "LDAPCP" throws this error... since it was removed.

Regarding the initial error, if a SharePoint server does not have Web Application role started, then SharePoint will not deploy LDAPCP.dll assembly into its GAC and this error will occur. You have to copy it manually in its GAC if you are in this scenario.

cheers,
Yvan
Marked as answer by razorsharp36 on 4/11/2014 at 6:28 AM
Apr 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM
thank you, that fixed everything. Few more questions, please bare with me since ADFS is totally new for me.

I am doing $map = New-SPClaimTypeMapping -IncomingClaimType "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress" -IncomingClaimTypeDisplayName "EmailAddress" -SameAsIncoming

$map2 = New-SPClaimTypeMapping -IncomingClaimType "http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2008/06/identity/claims/role" -IncomingClaimTypeDisplayName "Role" -SameAsIncoming

I plan to add
$map2 = New-SPClaimTypeMapping -IncomingClaimType "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/upn" -IncomingClaimTypeDisplayName "givenname" -SameAsIncoming

What would i need to configure for that in your solution?
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Nothing because those 3 claim types are handled OOB by LDAPCP, as you can see in the table in the homepage of the project.
Marked as answer by razorsharp36 on 4/11/2014 at 6:28 AM
Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Does the .dll for this file needs to be added in App servers too? I do not see ldapcp as feature in site collection feature to activate it.
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Yes ldapcp.dll needs to be deployed to the GAC of every SharePoint server.
LDAPCP is a farm feature, which is why you don't see it in site collection features. You can see it in central administration > System settings > Manage farm features.
Apr 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Even though the files are successfully deployed, i am not able to find ldapcp.dll files in windows assembly folder on any of the WFEs.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Where are you looking at?
In .NET 4.5, GAC is located in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly
Feb 8 at 7:22 PM
Edited Feb 8 at 7:46 PM
Yvand wrote:
Where are you looking at?
In .NET 4.5, GAC is located in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly
I am using version 3 of the ldapcp code on a .Net 4.5 machine. The ldapcp.dll is installed across C\Windows\Assembly and not C\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Assembly.
Do I need to copy and paste the dll into the new GAC location?

Also does dll need to be on web server, app server, and database server?

Another Note: When running this code below on the .net4.5 server the ldapcp code is just placed in C\Windows\Assembly and not C\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly
[System.Reflection.Assembly]::Load("System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a")
$publish = New-Object System.EnterpriseServices.Internal.Publish
$publish.GacInstall("c:\ldapcp.dll")
iisreset
Coordinator
Feb 10 at 11:08 AM
ldapcp.dll should be in the .NET 4.5 GAC (C\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Assembly) of every SharePoint server, but not on SQL servers.
did you run the script above in SharePoint PowerShell console? The reason I'm asking this is that I'm sure that this console runs the .NET 4.5 runtime (and not 3.5)
Feb 10 at 6:46 PM
Edited Feb 23 at 2:46 PM
Thanks