Email used as metadata for a group

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Edited Oct 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Is it possible to configure email as a metadata property for a group. The default SharePoint AD provider supports this and it enables the possibility to send emails to groups of people by using the People picker (when the group has an email address in the AD).
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM
hello,
sorry for my late reply, but I have good news: I included this possibility in the new version that I just published
cheers,
Yvan
Nov 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Edited Nov 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Hi Yvand,

That's great news and implemented very quickly. Thanks! I have tried to configure the new feature but currently there is an unique constraint on the permission metadata column. This blocks the possibility to use the "mail" metadata on both the user entity and the group entity. It states "Metadata Email is already used. Duplicates are not allowed. "

Also, is it possible to "Query LDAP with specified attribute and create permission with the attribute linked to identity claim" for group mail addresses? It would add the possilibility to find a group by it's mailaddress.
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
hello, indeed the test when you create the item doesn't check this correctly, but it is ok in the update.
So you can create the entry with no metadata, and set if afterwards, that should work.
I'll fix the test in item creation for the next release.
cheers,
Yvan