This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

LDAPCP causing issues after upgrade

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM
I just patched our SharePoint server. Before doing that i followed your steps to uninstall ldapcp. But now after patching i see these errors in logs
STS Call Claims Windows: Problem getting output claims identity. Exception: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ldapcp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=80be731bc1a1a740' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'ldapcp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=80be731bc1a1a740'
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

None of my sites are loading...STS token error is being thorwn. Can you please help?
Nov 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Dlls are present in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL but not in C:\windows assembly. Does that make any difference?
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Hello, "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly" is the GAC for .NET 4+ and "C:\windows assembly" is the GAC for .NET 2 to 3.5.
So LDAPCP.dll is in the right directory (assuming you are on SharePoint 2013) so it is probably deployed correctly.
Your error should be fixed after a simple iisreset, sometimes it also helps to clean content of directory "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files" while iisreset is running, this forces .NET runtime to reload every assembly from the GAC.
Is the error fixed now?
Cheers,
Yvan
Marked as answer by Yvand on 11/18/2014 at 4:15 AM
Nov 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Thanks Yvand. That fixed it. You are a life saver. I really appreciate you taking time and replying for the product that is free and still supporting it as if it was a paid product.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Thanks a lot for your feedback :)