This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problems displaying "title" attribute

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Hello,

First off, fantastic job on the claims provider; it's saved us a ton of frustration in our federated environment. My question is (hopefully) an easy one:

Currently, when you have the claims list set up in a "default" manner, the people picker will display a user's name, with the 2nd line being their job title. Example:

Bob Smith
VP of Operations

We're trying to get the second line to display department instead. Looking back on previous threads, this is supposed to be accomplished by adding a mapping "Does not query LDAP with specified attribute, but use it as a metadata of the new permission", with the metadata attribute set to "title", and ADFS attribute set as "department". This does work in theory (the ldapcp ULS logs show it pulling the information from ADFS), however it does not display in the people picker. Looking at the logs, it appears that the "default" mapping is set to "title", but the only option the "new item" button gives you is "JobTitle".

To make a long story short, is there a way to get ldapcp's claims mapping to use the "title" permission metadata, instead of "JobTitle", since "jobtitle" does not work for displaying data in the second line of the people picker? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Hello,
many thanks for your feedback :)
to answer your question simply: for the 2nd line LDAPCP will use the LDAP attribute which has column "Claim entity type" set to "Title" (which must be unique).
cheers,
Yvan
Dec 19, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Here are the current options for "Type of permission metadata":

The issue we're having is that if we select "JobTitle", LDAPCP will not use it for the 2nd line, since it's looking for just "Title". Unfortunately, I don't see a way to add "Title" manually.

These are the options for "Claim Entity Type", which I usually select "User":

For reference, this is the "Default / out of the box" setting, which displays the title in the 2nd line. If I delete this line, I have no way of re-creating it successfully:

I'm guessing what's supposed to happen, is that the entries are supposed to look like this?:

*Does not query LDAP with specified attribute, but use it as a metadata of the new permission
Type of permission metadata: Title (currently can only select JobTitle)
LDAP Attribute: department
LDAP Object Class: User
Claim entitiy type: User

Thanks again for the help.