This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

People Picker not populating

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I've installed LDAPCP, deployed, and associated to tokenissuer. All seems good. However, when I go to the people picker in Central Admin to add my name to the permissions of the web application, it is not resolving. No results are coming back at all.

What am I missing? I've ripped out the solution and re-installed twice now, with no change. I followed the same steps in Dev, and it's working.

We are using PingFederate, and access using the tokenissuer is working great. We've done a profilesync with it just fine as well. Just not sure why names aren't resolving in PeoplePicker.
Jan 2, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Figured this out. Our test farm was in a subdomain, and LDAPCP was connecting to the sub domain by default. Once we connected to the main DC manually, all was good.
Marked as answer by Yvand on 1/6/2015 at 6:23 AM
Jan 7, 2015 at 1:19 AM
Hi chlorinecoach,

We are facing a similar issue. Did you created a LDAP connection by going to CA -> Security -> LDAP Configuration -> Global configuration -> New LDAP connection ?
Jan 7, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Yes, that is correct. I selected the bullet to manually add a new LDAP connection. I then added the main DC to the path portion, and then used the same service account that I use for profile sync. All was good after that.
Jan 7, 2015 at 5:06 PM
Thanks for the response.
I am still a bit confused. When you say "Main DC" do you mean (1) the DC for the domain on which your SharePoint servers are hosted OR (2) the DC to which PingFedrate is connecting to .
Jan 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM
By default, LDAPCP will search for users in the same AD domain in which SharePoint is installed.