Hosted-Name Site Collection

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:37 AM
Hello All,

I'm using this solution on a web application which has Hosted-Name Site Collection. For some reason it does seem to work. Are there any limitations on such configuration for this utility? If yes, how do I rectify?

Just to note, if I add the LDAPCP to the SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer it fails and does not even find the anything. Whereas, if I don't add this solution to the SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer then at least I'm able to add the user. Your help is highly appreciated.

BTW, one thing which I noticed is that when I installed it, it does not show up as a farm solution in central admin or any other web application.

Regards.
Srikanth N
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2015 at 9:45 AM
Hello Srikanth,
I can confirm LDAPCP works fine with host named site collections.
But LDAPCP cannot work if it is not set in a SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer object, so this is your main problem to resolve.
You can monitor exactly what happens by checking SharePoint logs and filter on area/product "LDAPCP", it should tell you what's wrong.
thanks
Yvan
Marked as answer by srikanthn on 8/6/2015 at 12:47 AM
Jul 6, 2015 at 7:28 AM
Hello Yvan,

I looked through the SharePoint logs and it gives me the following error:

"Connect to AD this server is member of, with application pool credentials"
"[LDAPCP] This LDAP query did not return any result: "(| (&(objectclass=user)(sAMAccountName=srikanthtest3*)(!(objectClass=computer))) (&(objectclass=group)(sAMAccountName=srikanthtest3*)) (&(objectclass=user)"

I did some research and troubleshooting over the weekend before posting this message and could not resolve it and did not get any lead to resolve the issue. Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Srikanth N
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2015 at 9:44 AM
Hello Srikanth,
the error really means what it does: LDAP server didn't find any result with this LDAP query.
I suggest you run this query yourself with LDAP tools like ldp.exe or ldif.exe
thanks
Yvan