This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Display only one value

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:45 AM
Hello All,

I've configured the LDAPCP and it is working well. However, it is displaying the all the claim attributes that are configured with the claims authentication provider, like Account ID, Login and mail. My customer wants to display only one. I'm sure this has been done before and I'm just not sure how this is configured.

One more thing to note is the users can get access only if I select Account ID of the claims attributes. But it does not work with other attributes. Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Srikanth
Aug 11, 2015 at 3:45 AM
Hello All,

I'm able to resolve the above mentioned issue. I looked at the code and made the necessary changes and it is working as expected. Can someone help me answer this question? For the connection string, I've used a user account which has domain admin privileges. My customer would not like to have this kind of permission and would like to know what kind of authorization on Active Directory is required for the connection string user account? Appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,
Srikanth N
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015 at 8:20 AM
Hello,
to display values for only 1 claim type there is no need to change the code, you can simply remove unnecessary claim types from "claims table" page available in central administration > security.
Regarding AD permissions, any regular domain account should work as it only performs LDAP requests, which most of Accounts should have permissions to do.
thanks
Yvan