This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

LDAPCP Installed and activated but don't seem to work

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Hi Yvand

I followed the installation and I had added and installed the LDAPCP solution and see that it had activated successful in farm feature.
I also associated to an SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer

But when I went to site collection to add user, People Picker still taking anything I type and didn't seem to search AD and return result as not found.

Can you advise on how do I troubleshoot or configure this solution? I am very new to ADFS and LDAP.

Thanks

Swanl
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2015 at 8:46 AM
Hello Swanl,
you should check the SharePoint logs and filter on Product/Area "LDAPCP", it will give you more indication on what's wrong.
thanks,
Yvan
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM
Hi Yvand

Thanks for your advices. I found it and yes, there were several log entries on LDAPCP. most of them are below.

the log entries below were generated when I typed in "this is" in people picker, look like LDAPCP did a query and did not return any result but why that result was not display in people picker.

Would you again advice on how to resolve this?

[LDAPCP] FillEntityTypes called, ProcessedAttributes null: False
Entity types retrieved for 'LDAPCP' claim provider.
Using claim provider 'LDAPCP' for operation because it is default and it is visible.
[LDAPCP] FillSearch called, incoming input: "this is "
[LDAPCP] GetClaimTypeForUserKey called
[LDAPCP] LdapcpConfig PersistedObject not found. Visit LDAPCP admin pages in central administration to create it.
[LDAPCP] Connect to AD this server is member of, with application pool credentials
[LDAPCP] This LDAP query did not return any result: "(| (&(objectclass=user)(userPrincipalName=this is )) (&(objectclass=user)(displayName=this is )) (&(objectclass=user)(cn=this is )(!(objectClass=computer))) (&(objectclass=user)(sn=this is )) )"
[LDAPCP] GetClaimTypeForUserKey called
[LDAPCP] LdapcpConfig PersistedObject not found. Visit LDAPCP admin pages in central administration to create it.

Thanks

Swanl
Sep 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Hi Yvand

After some more reading and I was able to configure an LDAP connection and LDAPCP is working now. I can search and resolve AD user account name in People Picker. working great.

I just have one more requirement as we are using ADFS on SSL connection to AD. I like to ask.

Can LDAPCP work with port 636 (SSL) and are there any specific steps or settings when I construct a LDAP connection string for LDAPS connection?

Thanks

Swanl
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM
Hello,
I think you need to select option "Encryption" when you create the LDAP connection in LDAPCP config page, but I never tried so maybe you can confirm if that works this way.
thanks,
Yvan
Marked as answer by Swanl on 10/9/2015 at 10:18 AM
Oct 9, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Hi Yvand

I selected that option "Encryption" and the connection created successfully.

I also created another connection and select the option "Secure" and it was created successfully as well although I don't understand what the option does.

so far my testing look good so I think that all it take to make it work over LDAP with SSL

Thanks for all your advice to help me configure LDAPCP on my environment.