This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Users from other federated domains

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:30 AM
Hello,

in order to be able to search in people picker for users in other federated domains, do we need to add an LDAP connection in the LDAPCP configuration?
Is that all?
Does involve any outage?

thanks
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Hello, yes it should be the only thing to do, and no, this does not involve any outage.
thanks,
Yvan
Dec 2, 2015 at 2:22 AM
That requires LDAP traffic between the domains, which seems like bypassing ADFS?
I know ADFS will still needed to authenticate the user, but why is LDAPCP not able to lookup users from other domains without having to have that LDAP connection setup?
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2015 at 11:12 AM
I'm not sure I understand your point. How can LDAPCP search users without making LDAP queries?
Dec 6, 2015 at 10:31 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2015 at 10:46 PM
I thought it would use ADFS to do that. That's ok
Can you give an example of the "LDAP path" setting in LDAPCP? I looked at the MSDN link but I am unsure about the syntax.
Would you specify the OU of the users you want to be able to search in people picker?
e.g.
LDAP://corp.domain.com/OU=Users,OU=Corp Objects,DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=com

http://serverfault.com/questions/130543/how-can-i-figure-out-my-ldap-connection-string
Jan 18, 2016 at 3:32 AM
Edited Jan 18, 2016 at 4:29 AM
Hi Yvand,

would you mind providing an example as mentioned in the last message?
Also, does LDAPCP support secure LDAP (LDAPS)?
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Hello, if you are using AD, it can be one of those:
LDAP://OU=OU1,DC=YvanHost,DC=local
LDAP://CN=Users,DC=YvanHost,DC=local
thanks,
Yvan
Jan 18, 2016 at 9:37 PM
thanks
does LDAPCP support secure LDAP (LDAPS)?
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Yes, when you create the connection you need to select appropriate "authentication type" option, and use a valid LDAPS path, but I don't remember exact steps.