Extending LDAPCP

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM
I understand that we should be using the LDAPCP developer download in order to extend LDAPCP, however if I do that, I lose out on the admin pages and other features -- which is a hassle to rebuild into a new solution.

Should I instead be deploying my provider without copying ldapcp.dll into the solution package, and deploying ldapcp.wsp separately? If I do this, should I provide my provider, or LDAPCP for the ClaimProviderName?
Dec 15, 2015 at 9:20 PM
To answer my own question, reference ldapcp.dll in the project, but do not put a reference to it within the Package for the project (nor does the binary need to be copied to the output directory). This will allow for the deployment of the base LDAPCP.wsp solution with the configuration menus, etc., as well as the custom overrides in your own solution. All that needs to be done from there is to set the claims provider to your custom provider name.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Hello,
this will configure LDAPCP claims provider, but not your inherited version.
It's actually not so simple to enable admin pages for inherited versions, because then the page needs to know which claims provider (each has its own persisted object) to configure.
It's not very challenging but as usual it will take time to implement and it has never been a strong ask, so I never took the time to actually do it...
I can't really say if I'll do this soon or not, but you are not the 1st one to request it so I may do it, I just don't want to promise it :)
thanks,
Yvan
Dec 16, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Does the inherited provider not use the config settings from LDAPCP?
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM
No, only LDAPCP uses configuration stored in its own persisted object.
Other claims providers inheriting LDAPCP don't use it, instead they use default configuration, and custom settings defined in the inherited class. This is why admin pages are currently working only with LDAPCP claims provider.
Thanks,
Yvan
Dec 16, 2015 at 4:03 PM
OK, thanks. The only thing I need the admin page for is to resolve users by displayName and get rid of {fqdn} off of the Role claim, as that doesn't make any sense to have it there.
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Ok, so you should override method SetCustomConfiguration to configure this, that's the easiest way.