LDAPCP 2013 for Developers

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM
Hi all,

Can someone provide an example how to associate LDAP with more than one SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer?
I really dont know what to do in the LDAPCP 2013 for Developers project.

Some people said that we have to redefine a method called SetLDAPConnections but I cant find that method in the VS project.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Hello,
In LDAPCP 2013 for Developers project you can find multiple classes that inherit LDAPCP, each creating a unique version with some different customization.
The need to inherit is mainly to specify a new name for the claims provider, since it acts as a unique identifier in SharePoint.
Hopefully the various examples should guide you, but you can stick to LDAPCP_Custom, which is the simplest one.
But you really need devleoper skills for that
Dec 19, 2016 at 3:56 PM
Thanks for your response.

I only change the _ProviderInternalName name from "LDAPCP_Custom" to something else and associate this provider to other SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer.
I have 2 SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer with one associate with the "LDAPCP" and other with "LDAPCP_Custom" but it doesnt work.

It should work with only the ProviderInternalName changed? Or I need to override other methods?

If I had only deployed the "LDAPCP" it works like a charm.
Thank you Yvan for the hard work that you put in this beautiful custom provider.
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2016 at 7:46 AM
Yes, that's the only mandatory change to make.
Do you see your custom LDAPCP when you run cmdlet Get-SPClaimProvider?
Do you see the farm feature of your custom LDAPCP in cemtran administration? Is it activated?
Feb 16 at 7:58 AM
Hello,

i don't understand how to use LDAPCP 2013 for Developers...

Is it necessary to deploy the original LDAPCP.wsp in my farm and deploy an additional WSP for my code or
is it necessary to only include the ldapcp.dll in my project?

thanks for helping me

Best regards
Joerg
Coordinator
Feb 16 at 1:22 PM
hi Joerg,
"LDAPCP 2013 for Developers" is independent and does not need LDAPCP.wsp.
yes, you can create a new project and only include ldapcp.dll, that's all you need to create your own custom claims povider that inherits LDAPCP.

"LDAPCP 2013 for Developers" was designed to show you how to easily create a custom claims provider and shows some example of possible customization.

thanks,
Yvan
Feb 24 at 6:17 AM
Yvand wrote:
hi Joerg,
"LDAPCP 2013 for Developers" is independent and does not need LDAPCP.wsp.
yes, you can create a new project and only include ldapcp.dll, that's all you need to create your own custom claims povider that inherits LDAPCP.

"LDAPCP 2013 for Developers" was designed to show you how to easily create a custom claims provider and shows some example of possible customization.

thanks,
Yvan
Hi Yvan,

thanks very much for your answer. Unfortunatelly i have the next question. :)
which is the best way to use the LDAPCP admin sites when i develop a custom Claims Provider?

Best Regards
Joerg
Coordinator
Mar 17 at 12:32 PM
Hello, sorry for the late reply, I have never tried this myself so I don't have specific guidance for this, but recently I moved admin pages into user controls (.ascx) and made
relevant parameters settable from the outside, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
I hope this will help.
thanks,
Yvan