This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Post-install, no LDAPCP in Get-SPClaimProvider

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM
I'm trying to customize the provider using the samples you provided in the dev kit, but I think I broke something. If I redeploy even the base one you provide, I no longer see anything when I do Get-SPClaimProvider. I have all the default ones, but no LDAPCP anywhere.

When I tried deploying my slightly modified one I had 2 issues pop up.

1) Initially it said it couldn't find the ldapcp.dll; tried deploying again and that went away
2) On second deploy, it gave me an error about duplicate GUID and to use the force command. Did that and it deployed successfully, but nothing in Get-SPClaimProvider

When I removed the base one and installed my modified one I did the disable-spfeature, uninstall, remove, but I'm wondering if something messed up in that part to "break" Get-SPClaimProvider.

Any ideas or knowledge of what I did wrong? Thanks!
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM
hello,

sorry for my late reply.
Yes this kind of issue can happen sometimes, but no worries it's not a big deal to fix once you know how to do it :)
1st things to check, ensure custom claims provider is not listed:
Get-SPClaimProvider| ft TypeName, DisplayName

Then, your main goal is basically to remove your custom feature, and only then you will be able to redeploy your solution.
Look for your custom feature with this cmdlet (replace LDAPCP with your feature name):
Get-SPFeature| ?{$_.DisplayName -like 'LDAPCP*'}| fl DisplayName, Scope, Id

Once you found it, try to deactivate and uninstall it:
Get-SPFeature| ?{$_.DisplayName -like 'LDAPCP*'}| Disable-SPFeature
Get-SPFeature| ?{$_.DisplayName -like 'LDAPCP*'}| Uninstall-SPFeature -force

If it fails, it's because it doesn't find the feature folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\FEATURES, so you have no other choice than manually creating the folder and put the feature.xml inside. Then cmdlets above will work.

I hope this helps you, please let me know if you still have some issues.
cheers,
Yvan
Marked as answer by isujason on 3/1/2014 at 8:13 AM