This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Exact match for LDAP queries

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Hello Ivan,

Thanks for this great and very Professional solution.

I would like to impose an "exact match" in the result display in people picker. I search on upn in my target LDAP system and would like to display a result only if the search text is an exact match for the upn (it is a request from my security department).

I couln't really find this option in the configuration page and don't really see at first sight where I can achieve this using the LDAPCP for developpers. Could you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM
hello,
thanks for your great feedback.
Unfortunately in the current version it's not possible, but I can make this possible in next release.
But just to be sure I understand your needs, do you want to restrict exact search only for the UPN, or for all attributes?
cheers,
Yvan
Apr 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Hello,

Ideally, I would like to have a parameter in the admin page to force exact match on ldap queries to ensure possible évolutions of authentication in my company.

Thanks for your feedback :)
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Hello,
I have good news: I implemented this feature and it will be included in the next update (I just need to add the option in the admin page to set it).
I can't tell when I will publish the update because I still have work to do with other new features, but that shouldn't be long :)
cheers,
Yvan
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Hello,
I published a new version today that includes the ability to return results only if they match exactly the user input, with an option on the admin page to control this setting.
cheers,
Yvan
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Hello,

Great news ! thanks a lot. I'll test it in the next days.

JB