This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ldap connection error

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:08 PM
I am getting an error when trying to setup a connection to AD LDS server using LDAPCP v3.9 the error I am getting is
Unable to connect to LDAP for following reason:
The user name or password is incorrect.
It may be expected if w3wp process of central admin has intentionally no access to LDAP server.

I am able to use ldp.exe to connect to ADLDS from the sharepoint server (ADLDS) is on the same server (Sandbox)
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Hello, can you check SharePoint logs and filter on Product/Area "LDAPCP" to see exact error?
Besides, did you run ldp.exe with same account as the w3wp process that runs central administration (farm account?
thanks,
Yvan
Jan 11, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Yvand

Thanks for the reply I was able to connect and bind using the account I believe is used for W3WP process and all worked I will look through the logs.

Thanks

Joe

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Don’t see anything in sharepoint logs

The SharePoint server is on a domain I am trying to use ADLDS to add users that are not part of our AD and give rights to these users

Thanks

Joe

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2016 at 1:26 PM
Hello,
unless logs for products/area "LDAPCP" are deactivated (which you can check in central administration), it's not possible that no message is recorded when error appears.
I can't help further since images are not visible.
thanks,
Yvan
Jan 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Yvan

Thanks for the feed back logging seems to be enabled looked at central admin Diagnostic Logging LDAPCP it was set to error/med I changed to VERBOSE/VERBOSE and then tested same error I went into location of logfiles %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS\ looked in the file CISPDEV-20160118-1053.log searched for LDAPCP and did not see any errors I can send you a the logfiles if that helps

Thanks