This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Adding costom prefix to People Picker

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:50 PM
Hi,
I have a WebApp where Windows and ADFS authentication is activated. ADFS is for the same Domain as the Windows Domain.

I changed the Display to LDAP Attribute CN instead of "mapped Attribute" from claim

So what happens in LDAPCP People Picker. Alle users are schon as Windows and ADFS. Sure, in the hover I can see the source, but is it possible to add a fixed prefix or Suffix?
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2016 at 2:18 PM
Hi, unfortunately it's not possible with the standard version.
If you are a developer you can inherit LDAPCP and override method FormatPermissionValue, but I don't recommend this approach if you don't have much experience with SharePoint development
Aug 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Hi Yvand,

thank you for your fast reply.

I saw the developer version, but as you mentioned I am not an experienced SharePoint developer :)

I would appreciate it very much if you add in a future release something like an option in global settings "add authentication source to Display Name".
The result could look like

Firstname Lastname (Active Directory)
Firstname Lastname (claimsname)

Where claimsname is the TrustedIdentityTokenIssuer
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2016 at 1:42 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Hi,
LDAPCP can only change display of trusted users, not WinClaims users.
Besides, giving possibility to customize display of permissions like you mention is not really an option, because there would always be other people that would want a slightly differently display, and providing a generic customization capability from the standard version would require a lot of work.
Thanks anyway for the suggestion